Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rum Runner


I found this beast of a drink at Disney World of all ironic places. A nice lady bought one of these for me on my honeymoon just before I went on a safari. I don't really remember much of that safari...

To make a Rum Runner you will need:

1 1/2 oz Rum (White)
1/4 oz Banana Liqueur
1/4 oz Blackberry Brandy
1/2 teaspoon Grenadine
5 ounces Sweet & Sour Mix

Pour all of the ingredients into a shaker with ice, strain and pour into a Cocktail glass.

If you want to kick it up a notch (Bam!) after you pour into the Cocktail glass float a fine layer of Bacardi 151 on top. It adds just a little bit of punch right at the end. This can also be turned into a refreshing margarita by simply blending it up with ice and pouring into Margarita glasses.

This is a pretty strong drink but its also a really tasty one! If done correctly it should have a light Reddish tint to it.
This is a classy drink I wouldn't waste making at just any party.

No comments:

Post a Comment