Thursday, February 26, 2009

Piraat Ale




You will never find a better beer to drink on a lazy afternoon spent watching football or at a fancy dinner. Piraat Ale is a very rich Ale that has an incredibly aromatic aroma. This is my personal favorite and whenever possible I keep it stocked in my fridge.

This is a slightly more expensive beer and likewise shouldn't be gulped down like you would say a bottle of Miller Light. If you want to go with the classy approach there is also a goblet that is suggested you use to drink it with. For all of you wondering, yes, I use the goblet. Not to be pretentious but because it looks totally bad-ass to drink anything out of goblets.

The beer has a very distinct Orange coloring and tends to foam up very easily so when you're pouring it be sure to pour it against the side of the glass or you'll be waiting 15min for the foam to die down so you're not wearing a beer mustache.

You can either buy the beer in 6-pack form or (my personal favorite) the tall bottle that comes sealed with a cork.

This also comes with my strength warning. Be cautious not to drink this too fast. Not only will that be a total waste of a good beer this is on the stronger side of beers weighing in at 10.5% alcohol by volume.

Let me be the first to say, you'll notice after the second or third drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment